Job Title: Pharmacy Production Assistant
Reports To: Sr. Pharmacy Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, mainly Excel
- Must possess good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to complete assignments and projects
- Ability to exhibit strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to flex schedule when needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep shelves stocked and free of excess inventory (includes replenishing oral solids with pre-pack overstock)
- Assist in identifying medications in need of re-packaging
- Assist in maintaining pre-pack par levels on fast moving medications
- Help to identify low inventory levels and communicate with purchasing
- Help to identify outdated and slow-moving medications
- Scans pharmacy receipts
- Processes pharmacy credit and returns including breakdown of returned blister cards
- Straightening and cleaning shelves where inventory is maintained
- Assist in re-shelving of stock bottles
- Serve as back up to Purchasing Buyer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and smell. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and reach, with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, and crouch. The employee is infrequently required to kneel or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, especially in measurement of fluids and quality assurance tasks, distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.